The Benefice is located in an area rich in history, culture and areas of outstanding natural
beauty. Our pattern of worship includes support to the Priest, within and between Parishes,to allow a minimum of two services per month in the churches serving our villages.
As we seek to build up a community of faith that is ‘faithful in worship, confident in discipleship and joyful in service’ we are looking for someone who will;
- Have oversight of the church’s ministry in the Benefice
- Share with us in the general ministry of the Church in Prayer, Discipleship, Pastoral Care and Service to the wider Community.
OUR VISION FOR THE FUTURE
- To develop the worshipping communities to enable us to grow in faith.
- To further our outreach to the community.
- To embrace the surprises and joys that are presented to us.
As we await the appointment of a new Priest the PCC’s are meeting regularly during the vacancy to continue to grow together in faith and personal discipleship so we can welcome you with an active benefice.
To have an informal chat about this vacancy please contact Revd Nick Brown - Rural Dean on 07901 852198 or by emailing email@example.com
Closing Date: Sunday, 8th December 2019
Parish Visit: Wednesday, 8th January 2020
Interview: Edward King House, Lincoln, Thursday, 9th January 2020
We seek an ordained priest with a commitment to help the Benefice to continue growing in its commitment developing the worshipping communities. Enabling us to grow in faith, improving the mutual support between churches within the group and furthering our outreach to the community; supporting the Diocese in responding to its calling to be ‘faithful in worship, confident in discipleship and joyful in service’. Within this context we are looking for someone who:
- is committed to God, and sharing the Gospel message through the Holy Spirit in an accessible way;
- will enable us to share an understanding of the scriptures, guide us prayerfully, and equip us in discipleship and outreach;
- can communicate sensitively, compassionately and with empathy for people of all abilities regardless of their status within or outside the church;
- will challenge the status quo, to develop and nurture our congregations, leading us to develop our gifts and ministries;
- will share the Christian faith in the communities, and strengthen the bonds with our Methodist colleagues to oversee the growth of our Churches;
- possesses sustained enthusiasm and competence to work with young people and local schools, encouraging students to participate in the life of the church;
- will help us to discover a variety of opportunities for meaningful worship;
- enjoys their ministry with energy, enthusiasm, a sense of humour, and has the ability to create and organise a sensible Work-life balance.
For more information about this application process, please use this link
- The Priest in Charge will be supported by retired local clergy. Four villages have Methodist links of which one is a Local Ecumenical Partnership (LEP) in a shared building. There are persons trained in leading worship to cover Morning Prayer or similar services.
- The Priest in Charge will be supported by the proposed new Louthesk Marshes Mission Community (LMMC)and would have responsibility for the cure of souls within the Benefice, whilst patterns of prayer, lay ministry,discipleship could be developed as appropriate within the LMMC.
- Ecumenical Links. The parishes work closely with the Methodist Circuit to share our strengths and support each other. St. Peter’s Saltfleetby is an LEP with the Methodist Church and functions as a single congregation with shared pastoral oversight, a collaboration which started back in 1974. Cooperation and shared activities with both lay and ordained involvement can be found across the Group.
- Benefice PCC representatives are meeting regularly during the vacancy to coordinate activity and maintain theBenefice website www.midmarsheschurches.org.uk which includes the latest Monthly Newssheet. We are looking forward to developing further support networks within the benefice and the LMMC to assist overall ministry.
- The Villages and Churches All the churches are in reasonable repair and Quinquennial recommendations are acted upon. All Parishes consistently pay their Parish Share in full and cover all clergy expenses.
To find out more about us please use the following links:
Mid Marsh with Saltfleetby and Theddlethorpe Benefice