House for Duty, Ironstone Benefice
We wish to appoint a House for Duty Associate Priest to be part of the Ironstone Benefice ministry team. The Benefice consist of eight largely rural parishes in north Oxfordshire.
The parishes all have active village communities and are close to the M40 and to Banbury which has an excellent Chilterns Line rail link to London and Cross Country trains through Birmingham to the north.
Our new priest will be an important part of the ministry team. The role is supported by our LLM.
Our vision is to:
- consolidate our active presence at the heart of village life
- be nurturing and growing churches serving the needs of all ages in the community
- further develop the creative use of our church buildings
We seek a priest who will work with us to achieve our vision by:
- prayerfully ministering the love of God to the people of the Ironstone Benefice
- continuing to bring our churches into the centre of village life
- helping us become financially sustainable
- responding to the growing challenge of new developments within the Benefice boundaries
- developing our environmental and sustainable activities and ethos across the Benefice
- supporting and empowering the laity to use their gifts
- building on our Café Church services and furthering our work with the 3 primary schools within the Benefice
Closing date: to be advised
Interview date: to be advised
DBS Enhanced Disclosure is required.