Posted 8 days agoExpires in 1 month
A wonderful opportunity to serve as Vicar of an open hearted, inclusive church in the vibrant urban community of Crosby, North Scunthorpe.
The Parish Church of St George is situated at the heart of the community on the corner of Digby Street and Frodingham Road. Built in 1924 the church has been adapted to serve the community as a place of worship and Christian witness through positive social action and a firm commitment to inclusivity through our membership of Inclusive Church.
For an informal chat about this vacancy please contact;
Janice Tong, Churchwarden - 07931 241 901
Martyn Whitehouse, Churchwarden - 07737 582 861
Patrick Hall, PCC Vice Chair/Treasurer - 07885 910376
We are looking for a Vicar who is rooted in prayer and personal faith; to be a foundation of our church and parish community; innovatively leading us forward in faith:
- Open hearted and open minded.
- Actively and consciously inclusive.
- Visible and fully involved with the wider multi faith community.
- Desiring the opportunity to further develop our understanding of scripture, spiritually through prayer, preaching and teaching, helping us to grow in faith and in our relationship with God.
- Embracing our liberal Catholic tradition style of worship, whilst moving it forward to ensure it is relevant today and for the future.
- With the courage to be radical and challenging; bringing new and innovative channels of communication, collaboration and technology to welcome, engage and grow our congregation.
- Preaching from the heart to deliver challenging and inspirational sermons; exploring theological ideas and meaning behind scripture, and what they mean in modern day, empowering us as a congregation and as individuals on our spiritual journey.
- With a strong desire to further develop and build fruitful relationships with local schools; nurturing more people into the life of the church.
- With a collaborative leadership style which enables the involvement of others in church life; including the PCC, committees and sub groups and to foster vocations.
- With a global vision; looking for peace and justice in the world and a concern about climatic changes and the environment.
For more information about this application process, please use this link
To our new Vicar, we can offer:
- A congregation which is unassuming, but with a tenacious approach to living our faith
- Inclusive and welcoming, offering a safe and non-judgemental place for worship
- Eager to embrace change whilst continuing to honour the familiar
- Seeking to reach out further into our community
- Rich with ideas and skills
- Committed to the pastoral care of clergy; recognising it is important to maintain a healthy work-life balance by setting aside time for family, rest, recreation, retreat and study in accord with the report by the College of Bishops "Clergy Wellbeing".
A church which has:
- A history that demonstrates the social justice theme with outreach to the
- local community throughout its life, currently through Crosby Together and Scunthorpe Foodbank
- A supportive congregation
- A general love of varied styles of music as part of worship
- A Parish Office closely allied with Crosby One Centre
To find out more about us please click on the links below:
St George Website
St Georges Church Facebook Group
St Georges Twitter Feed
Inclusive Church Website
Closing Date: Sunday 24th November 2019
Parish Visit: Thursday 5th December
Interview: Wednesday 18th December 2019