Posted 1 month agoExpires in 18 hours
The North Lafford Group
- Four rural communities with a strong military presence.
- Two primary schools and several pre-school settings within the parishes.
- Close proximity to several outstanding secondary schools, both grammar and comprehensive with transport links.
- One residential care home.
- Close proximity to the vibrant and expanding market town of Sleaford.
- Four active PCC’s committed to the care of their churches and parishes.
- An average of 6 baptisms, 6 weddings and 23 funerals annually.
- The PCCs propose to provide a part time parish administrator.
- A ministry team comprising a licensed Reader, a Reader with PTO, a
- retired priest with PTO, and an Authorised Lay Minister.
For an informal chat about this post please contact Trevor Bush email: email@example.com>
Closing Date: Sunday 8th December 2019
Parish Visit: Monday 6th January 2020
Interview: Lincoln, Edward King House, Tuesday 7th January 2020
We are seeking a Priest who is
- a person who has prayer at the centre of life and would helpus to realise more fully the importance of spirituality and prayer; a teacher of the faith.
- comfortable with both traditional and informal styles of worship, and open to ecumenical opportunities.
- called to minister in a semi-rural environment and prepared to be involved in community affairs and their implications.
- comfortable in a military environment and happy to co-operate with military chaplains.
- prepared to play a part in local primary and secondary schools that serve our communities
- willing to play a part in deanery and diocesan matters.
- a team builder with the ability to delegate and communicate at all levels.
- willing to encourage and facilitate training for lay ministry.
- enthusiastic and possibly experienced outside ministerial priesthood.
- who is able to develop a caring ministry with both young and old within the church and the wider community.
- is an accessible and social person who would feel at home with us and has a sense of humour.
For more information about this application process, please use this link
We are a group of Parishes who will:
- support the priest in taking proper days off and holidays.
- support the priest if he or she wishes to take an annual retreat.
- be willing to encourage and facilitate training for lay ministry.
- give the priest space to develop his or her own ideas.
- manage and sustain individual communities and their churches without unnecessary recourse to the priest.
- consider new ideas and challenges with flexibility and positivity.
- aim to raise and pay our parish share in full.
- communicate with and listen to our priest.
- welcome and help the priest and the priest’s family integrate with our communities.
The benefice is fully supportive of the ordination of women, is committed to inclusive ministry in its corporate life and would welcome interest from men or women looking to share this vision at any stage of their parochial ministry: perhaps as a first parochial incumbent, or as a mid-career post in which to develop multi-parish leadership skills, or as a post towards the end of service to take on wider deanery or diocesan responsibilities.
.To learn more about us please follow the links below
The Parish of Leasingham
St Andrew's School
The Parish of Cranwell