Ruskington is to be a newly formed single parish benefice in the Deanery of Lafford. We are looking for our first Incumbent to walk with us and lead us on this new and exciting chapter of our spiritual journey, both as a parish and as a community.
The church has a team of willing and supportive volunteers who would be happy to continue with the new incumbent. If you are called to discover more about us then please take a look at our Profile and feel free to contact Diana Holt Churchwarden All Saints Church for an informal chat 01526 832087 or 07949 107035.
Closing Date: Sunday 8th December
Parish Visit: Monday 6th January 2020
Interview: Tuesday 7th January 2020, Edward King House, Lincoln
We are seeking a priest who
- a person who has prayer at the centre of life and would help us to realize more fully the importance of spirituality and prayer; a teacher of the faith.
- comfortable with both traditional and informal styles of worship, and open to ecumenical opportunities.
- called to minister in a semi-rural environment and prepared to be involved in community affairs and their implications.
- prepared to play a part in the two local primary and the secondary school that serve our community.
- willing to play a part in deanery and diocesan matters.
- a team builder with the ability to delegate and communicate at all levels.
- willing to encourage and facilitate training for lay ministry.
- enthusiastic and possibly experienced outside ministerial priesthood.
- who is able to develop a caring ministry with both young and old within the church and the wider community.
- is an accessible and social person who would feel at home with us and has a sense of humour and would wish their family to also become part of our community.
For more information about this application process, please use this link
In return we will
- support the priest in taking proper days off and holidays.
- support the priest if he or she wishes to take an annual retreat.
- be willing to encourage and facilitate training for lay ministry.
- give the priest space to develop his or her own ideas.
- consider new ideas and challenges with flexibility and positivity.
- aim to raise and continue to pay our parish share in full.
- communicate with and listen to our priest.
- welcome and help the priest and the priest’s family integrate with our community.
To find out more about us please follow the links below
Ruskington Village Hall
Ruskington Church Facebook page