Rector of the Lower Windrush Benefice (Northmoor, Standlake, Stanton Harcourt and Yelford)
This rural benefice near Oxford is seeking a priest of central church tradition, with a heart for rural ministry. We can offer lively local communities and prayerful, friendly support.
We have four beautiful, historic churches, two excellent C. of E. primary schools and a residential special school, a four-bedroom, detached Rectory with a large garden and a number of committed church members already officiating at services.
Our churches are in good repair and reasonably financially sound. It is anticipated that the successful applicant will have the following attributes:-
- Collaborative leadership skills and the ability to motivate and inspire others
- The willingness to develop further a ministry of pastoral care, which supports and involves all members of the parishes and promotes spiritual life
- A confident and thoughtful preacher who enjoys a variety of services
- Enthusiasm and communication skills to develop work with parishioners of all ages, encouraging them into a deeper commitment to Christ and His Church
- An active interest in primary school activities, including our special school
- The ability to lead worship with children, families and young people in creative, imaginative and engaging ways
- An awareness of the need to manage change sensitively, working alongside the parishioners who are open to thinking creatively about new initiatives
- Good social and inter-personal skills and a sense of humour
Closing date: 20th October 2019
Interviews: 7th November 2019
DBS Enhanced Disclosure is required.