Posted 9 days agoExpires in 10 days
St Andrew’s Church, Goldsworth Park, Woking
We are seeking a person with the calling, enthusiasm and competence to develop community engagement and youth work with a gospel focus. The Community & Youth Worker will be responsible for developing youth work, and for implementing outreach to the community through opportunities offered by our community café. The post holder will develop existing community work and new initiatives.
You will be someone who is clearly good with youth ministry who will also help build community throughout the life of the church, and who has a passion to make Jesus known.
This role is likely to include the following elements:
- To make the Gospel of Jesus Christ known through community engagement and work with young people
- To identify the needs and assets of the community and seek to address any gaps in community need that the church can realistically seek to fill
- To develop and identify opportunities offered by the church’s community café ‘Andy’s’ for effective community engagement
- To work with existing ministries of the church and develop with others new initiatives
- To work in collaboration with volunteers and St Andrew’s staff team, under the supervision of the Vicar and Parochial Church Council (PCC), through the guidance of the Holy Spirit to ensure a cohesive Gospel strategy for outreach
- To evaluate and monitor youth provision, identifying and initiating any changes required
- To offer practical help and pastoral support to young people in crisis an others in need in the community, signposting individuals to other agencies for help and advice as required
- Network with other agencies and partners including Woking Borough Council, Surrey County Council and the Salvation Army (our nearest church partner)
St Andrew’s Church is a community focused open evangelical church of the Church of England in Goldsworth Park, a 1980s garden estate on the edge of Woking, Surrey. It is in the Diocese of Guildford with 196 members on the Church role, and average attendance of 130 adults and 25 children and youth on Sundays.