Posted 3 months agoExpires in 15 minutes
Thank you for showing an interest in St Thomas’ Church, Blackpool. We welcome whoever God has called to this new post; being a new chapter for both us and you. We look forward to journeying together, for you to work with, guide us and to continue to build God’s Kingdom in this place.
We have a varied mission field, ripe for harvest. We have keen and enthusiastic labourers within our church and need the right person to guide and develop them.
We are looking forward to appointing a Bible-based, Spirit-filled person with a passion for team building ...to make St Thomas Church the beacon of light it is meant to be, not only within our community but throughout Blackpool and the Diocese.
- We are an evangelical church at the heart of the local community.We believe that the church should play a positive part in all aspects of the community.
- 86% of the community respondents to a recent survey said that they saw St Thomas’ as being an important part of the community with 70% having attended a service or other event.
- Our congregation see us as ‘warm and friendly with a welcoming attitude to everyone who comes’. (93%)
- We offer different types of worship/services to meet the spiritual needs of all e.g café church, morning worship, new wine, kidz church (93% said they have grown spiritually since attending)
- We have a spirit led talented worship band, enabling us to draw into a closer relationship with God
- All are encouraged to offer up their talents for service – 91% of the congregation said they felt that they can contribute to the life and service of St Thomas.
- We have a flourishing Children’s and Youth work, drawing in children and their parents from the locality
- We are caring, which means there is always someone you can turn to
- We value each other regardless of ability
- We have various groups/teams to cater for different aspects of current church life
Please see the following link before creating your application form-https://jobs.churchofengland.org/clergycandidatesfaq/clergy-profile/
We are looking for someone who is practical and down to earth in their approach to Building God’s Kingdom in our local community and church family. The person needs to have a clear calling to serve, through Christ’s love, EVERY person, being concerned with their emotional and spiritual wellbeing.
Our expectations are that you will:
- Preach and live the gospel: adapting preaching and teaching to ensure all people are challenged to learn, grow and develop in their walk with Jesus
- Reach out to the parish, getting involved in local issues and encouraging the church to be at the heart of spiritual and social interactions
- Mentor individuals and encourage church members to use their talents in God’s service
- Develop a model for mission partnering with other local groups
- Encourage the church congregation to give generously in time, money and talents
To do this you should be:
- Spirit led, spending time in prayer and studying the Word
- Visible: approachable and interested in everyone; having good interpersonal and communication skills
- Active in prayer: sharing the burden, direction and joy with others and our God
- Innovative: creating a culture of change and revival to stimulate personal and corporate growth
Be able to enthuse and inspire the church body to move and grow the church:
- In the spiritual development of individuals
- In exploring individual’s talents and gifts
- In encouraging individuals to develop and use their strengths in service
CPAS is an evangelical patron with involvement in the appointment to 529 benefices. www.cpas.org.uk
To view our microsite visit https://jobs.churchofengland.org/cpas/
If you have any queries contact the patronage team at CPAS John Coyne firstname.lastname@example.org or Kathy Burch email@example.com
The closing date for this post Midnight on 23 September 2018
Interviews and Visits 11 and 12 October