Posted 1 month agoExpires in 2 days
The Fundraising Officer role is a new post created to support the growing and dynamic Development Team - playing a pivotal role in helping the Cathedral to achieve its ambitious vision.
Working closely with the Head of Trusts & Foundations, the post holder will have responsibility for managing and increasing income generation from a large portfolio of City of London Livery Companies and charitable trusts and foundations. They will be responsible for developing and delivering a strong internal communication system to enable organisation-wide fundraising activities. They will also lead on research and data management – driving forward the organisation’s ability to secure major gifts by building a robust prospect pipeline across income streams.
St Paul's draws together a very diverse set of activities, projections and aspirations. It is the Cathedral of the Diocese of London and the seat of its Bishop, a national church and an international spiritual focus, a space for worship and holiness, a place of debate and challenge, an icon of resilience in the face of adversity, an architectural heritage centre, a partner in the City of London, and a commercial enterprise. In addition to holding four services every day (five on Sundays), St Paul's is open for sight-seeing six days a week, and in 2018 welcomed over 850,000 paying visitors.
- Leading on the delivery, relationship building and client care aspects of the Trust & Foundation Programme and also developing the delivery of the lower level Trust & Foundation Programme, focussing on a pool of funders giving up to £20K
- Writing compelling formal applications and reports for a wide range of priority projects
- Developing and delivering a robust internal communication system to ensure successful organisation wide fundraising activities
- Coordinating meetings, tours and other engagements with Livery and Trust funders, liaising effectively with internal and external personnel
- Leading on research and data management for the whole team, providing a regular supply of major Trust, Individual Giving and Corporate prospects
- Providing senior colleagues with succinct and insightful briefings on key prospects & other stakeholders
- Processing gifts and pledges, ensuring correct implementation of departmental procedures
- Assisting in Development Team related events
- With the wider Team, leading on ensuring the accuracy of the Raiser’s Edge database
- Working closely with the Accounts Assistant and wider Cathedral Finance Team
- Maintaining appropriate Team systems, including paper, IT and Finance records
- Acting as ambassador and advocate for the Cathedral, and actively supporting the external-facing functions of the organisation where appropriate
- Undertaking any other appropriate duties that the line manager, senior management or Chapter may request from time-to-time
The job description is an operational document that does not form part of your contract of employment. It may be that from time to time you are expected to perform tasks that may not be expressly in the job description but are nonetheless necessary in the day to day performance of your duties. St Paul's Cathedral reserves the right to amend the job description as may from time to time be necessary to meet the changing needs of the organisation.
We are looking for someone:
Educated to degree level or qualified by experience
- With experience of fundraising or similar profession
- Ideally with a knowledge of the City of London’s history and workings
- Who possesses written fluency adaptable to a range of different audiences
- With the confidence and communication skills to interact at all levels with both internal and external stakeholders
- Possessing a methodical approach to work and an eye for detail
- Who is self-motivated and pro-active, and able to work independently without close supervision
- Who will thrive in a high performing and fast paced Team
- Who is IT literate, ideally with a knowledge of Raiser’s Edge or a similar CRM database, as well as Microsoft Office suite of packages
- With a flexible approach to work
- With the ability to work outside of core working hours from time to time.
The successful candidate will be in sympathy with, and in their work support, the Christian aims and mission of St Paul’s Cathedral.
Our Mission Statement
St Paul's Cathedral seeks to enable people in all their diversity to encounter the transforming presence of God in Jesus Christ.
- St Paul's is seen primarily as a living Christian Church
- We will be a centre for welcome, worship and learning, and though our care and imagination, will inspire successive generations to engage with the richness of the Christian faith and its heritage.
- Working with the Bishop and Diocese of London and the wider Church, we will be a spiritual focus for people across London, the nation and a broader international audience.
- Our work will promote dignity and justice for everyone.
Welcome -we all offer a warm inclusive welcome to everyone: our colleagues, volunteers and each and every visitor
Responsible - we are all responsible for each other and for part of the whole of the Cathedrals work, not the whole of a part
Effective - we are professional and do what we say we are going to do
Nourish we have a learning culture, not a blame culture