Following the generous award of a grant by the National Lottery Heritage Fund, the Diocese of Lincoln is looking to recruit a Project Officer to take the lead in building capacity in the rural churches of Lincolnshire. This person will develop a volunteer recruitment programme which will include the creation of training events, materials and volunteer role descriptions to enable the recruitment of volunteers from the local community and further afield. These volunteers will assist parishes with church projects, bringing the additional skills required to make such projects successful.
This is a project which has the potential to be a model for other dioceses and the Project Officer will also be responsible for project evaluation and working closely with an External Evaluation Consultant who will be appointed to produce the final evaluation report.
Interviews will be held at Edward King House, Minster Yard, Lincoln on Monday 9 September 2019
The ideal candidate for this role must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Excellent computer literacy, able to use Microsoft Office software with accuracy and confidence and experience of using social media platforms
- Experience of working with community groups and groups in a heritage environment
- Demonstrable experience of recruiting volunteers and delivering volunteer training events and programmes
- Highly diplomatic with the ability to communicate with colleagues, stakeholders and volunteers in a calm, courteous and confident manner
- Experience of managing project finances to deliver key outcomes, on time and within budget
- An ability to work in an ethos of a Christian organisation, although Faith is not a requirement.
- Familiarity with working on and with National Lottery Heritage Fund grant funded projects and processes
- Previous experience of project management in the heritage sector
- A well-developed written and verbal communication skills including telephone manner
- The ability to work independently and reliably with minimum supervision
- Be a team player who is able to work flexibly and positively with others
- Be a good listener, with the ability to communicate effectively with people of varying ages, abilities and experience
- Be approachable, friendly and a good motivator
- Be creative with an ability to initiate new ideas and have a positive approach to problem solving
The Diocese of Lincoln is the Church of England in Lincolnshire, North Lincolnshire and North-east Lincolnshire. The Diocese covers 2,673 square miles and has a population of 943,000. There are around 31,000 people on the Church Electoral Rolls. There are more than 220 clergy and lay workers serving 240 benefices with 514 parishes and 647 church buildings.
Staff benefits include:
- Annual leave of 25 days per year, plus 8 Bank Holidays
- Up to 4 non-contractual days of holiday gifted between Christmas and New Year (when the offices are closed)
- A half-day holiday on Maundy Thursday
- Competitive pension scheme with Royal London
- Life insurance of three times annual salary
- Occupational sick pay (staged) after 6 months
- Weekly social gathering for staff (‘Cofftea’)
- Daily Eucharist held in St Hugh’s Chapel, which is optional for all staff
- Supported continuing professional development.
For more information click on the link: https://www.lincoln.anglican.org/