St Nicholas, Skirbeck is a parish within the Diocese of Lincoln and is under the pastoral and sacramental care of The Right Reverend Norman Banks SSC, Bishop of Richborough. It is a Parish of The Society and is affiliated with Forward in Faith. It serves the population of a residential area of the market town of Boston as well as ministering to those in the wider area who value its traditional Catholic teaching, worship and Spirituality. It sees this distinctive ethos as a gift to the service of the mission of the Church throughout the area.
For an informal chat about this post please contact Carl Reece - Churchwarden - email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Parishioners are seeking a priest who is: -
- A Priest of The Society of St Wilfred & St Hilda and preferably also of The Society of the Holy Cross.
- Whose ministry is grounded in the celebration of Sacraments, particularly the daily Mass.
- Who is forward thinking and willing to try new ventures.
- Who is approachable and honest; willing to listen; has integrity and a sense of humour but is also tactful.
- Who will continue the close associations with the schools in the Parish.
- Who has a desire to develop members of the congregation in their discipleship by supporting both their increase in knowledge of the Faith and the deepening of their spiritual lives.
- Who has a sense of musicality to fully engage in the Sung Mass.
- Who wishes to work with the congregation to identify the evolving needs of the local community, reaching out to address these in compassion.
- Who is willing to maintain a connection with other churches in the Deanery to keep unity in the Church of England. Be willing to participate fully in the life of the Deanery Chapter both in Chapter meetings and in giving and receiving support with colleagues in the Deanery as circumstances demand.
- Who wants to reach out to people of all ages and backgrounds, seeking to bring them into relationship with Jesus, the Word made flesh.
For more information about this application process, please use this link
The Parishioners can offer: -
- A strong team of laity and retired clergy under your leadership.
- Messy Church for people of all ages.
- A congregation who work together to maintain the spirituality and traditions of this ancient church, but not averse to new ideas to work as a family team.
To find out more about us please click on the links below
Skirbeck St Nicholas Facebook Page
Forward in Faith Website
Closing date: Sunday 21st July 2019
Parish Visit: Available on request
Interviews: Edward King House, Lincoln, Thursday 8th,