Posted 28 days agoExpires in 7 days
Bishopthorpe Palace, York
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the Trust at an exciting and critical time. The successful applicant will be a key part of the team that will shape the future of the Archbishop’s charity, as we grow in our effectiveness and impact as a national initiative. We believe that young people have the potential to change our world for the better and we seek to raise a generation of young people empowered to transform society.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
In collaboration with members of the administrative team you will be expected to:
- Help coordinate the diary commitments of the Strategic Leads for Primary and Secondary Young Leaders Awards (YLA).
- Be part of the office based YLA team available to deal with all YLA and Youth Trust enquires.
- Support the Administrative Lead and team in managing the YLA Customer Relationships Management system (CRM), ensuring school projects, key contacts and correspondence notes are kept up to date.
- Support schools in the sign-up and completion processes of the YLA.
- Support the YLA team in the retention of schools: managing task lists, making school support telephone calls and arranging visits and co-coordinating the automated invoice and warning letter processes.
- Support the Administrative Lead with all YLA conference and events administration.
- Coordinate the procurement and organisation of YLA marketing materials, merchandise, badges and certificates, ensuring orders are met and stock levels are kept up to date.
- Undertake routine administrative and/or secretarial duties for the broader YLA staff team and diversification projects beyond the YLA, when necessary.
- Help coordinate school visit bookings for the Strategic Leads for Primary and Secondary Schools, including arranging travel and accommodation bookings as appropriate.
- Work alongside the YLA Administrative Lead in dealing with all school enquiries. Where schools require more technical support or educational guidance the YLA Administrative team will filter such enquiries out to the relevant YLA Strategic Lead or the Chief Operating Officer of the Trust as necessary.
YLA Communications and Customer Relationship Management Data Entry
- Liaise with schools and input contact data onto the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system for the YLA.
- Support schools in the sign-up process of the YLA including processing application to deliver forms, preparing and sending confirmation emails, invoices and T&Cs, and chasing invoices as necessary.
- Support the YLA Administrative Lead and team with all purchase orders, including those for merchandise.
- Support the YLA Administrative Lead and team with the CRM for the YLA, ensuring details for schools remain up to date and key milestones are followed up.
- Help facilitate the retention workflow for the YLA and in particular manage warning Letters and automated invoicing.
- Work alongside the YLA Administrative Lead to provide monthly YLA audit figures.
- Create email marketing lists on the CRM and to schedule times for creation of newsletters and mail outs.
Conferences and Events
- Create schools’ lists for YLA events in order to invite schools from targeted areas.
- Support with the co-ordination of invite emails, phone call follow-ups and attendee lists.
- Support with administrative aspects of YLA conferences before, during and after the event.
- Educated to at least GCSE Level including Maths and English or equivalent
- Relevant administrative qualifications and/or experience
Skills / Aptitude
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills
- Good written and spoken communication skills
- Well-presented accurate work with attention to detail
- Excellent computer skills including a good level of competency with Word and Excel spreadsheets
- Flexible and adaptable approach to work
- Ability to show initiative and work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work calmly under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Experience of working with Customer Relationship Management software and/or school databases
- Experience of administrative procedures and systems
- Experience of using Microsoft Office as well as a networked computer system
- Proven administrative experience reporting to a manager
- Knowledge of the charitable sector
- Knowledge of the education sector
- Pro-active approach
- Calm and professional manner
- Team player
- An understanding and empathy with the charity’s Christian Vision, Values and Cultural Ethos
We at the Youth Trust believe in Young People and that they have the potential to change our world for the better. However, doing so in the current climate is incredibly difficult for them. Not only are there over 1 million young people not in Employment, Education or Training, that’s 15% of the youth population in the UK, but so often the public perception of young people is that they are the problem in our society and not the solution. Furthermore, our current economic and social climate only serves to make this worse with budgets cut for youth services and a worrying breakdown of community.