Posted 6 months agoExpires in 1 month
• Love and care for a dispersed rural community?
• Help us to continue renewing our church life?
• Help us to grow in faith and commitment to Christ?
• Build on our positive links with our School?
We are praying for a priest rooted in prayer, with a heart for people and for sharing Jesus with them, in this rural parish of two churches.
Organised under the three Shared Priorities used by the Diocese of Hereford
SP1 – Spiritual and Numerical Growth
- Steady regular congregations ready to welcome newcomers warmly
- History of study groups and experimental services to reach new people
- Significant outreach into the Little Dewchurch school community through Open the Book and Messy Church – on which we wish to build.
- Desire to improve offer to families in church
- Desire to renew online presence and social media engagement
SP2 – Contributing to the Common Good
- The Church is at the heart of community life in the villages where it is present
- Need to be aware of the whole parish and its varied needs
SP3 – Reimagining Ministry
- Lay involvement in Open the Book & Messy Church
- Lay leadership of Morning Prayer
- Desire to develop pastoral care group
- Readiness to review the pattern of services
- To play a distinctive and intentional role in Inspiring each Generation, Proclaiming Christ and Growing Disciples, by:
- Sharing the cure of souls with the Bishop and exercising spiritual leadership of the parish, by a pastoral, sacramental and teaching ministry within the Church and community
- Leading the Church in mission and encouraging it to focus on the diocesan priorities of; making disciples, growing leaders and engaging with younger generations
- Releasing the energy and gifts of the whole people of God
- Enabling the new parish of South Wye Rural to grow it its identity and sense of mission and outreach
For more information about this application process, please use this link
The parish of South Wye Rural comprises a large tract of countryside south of Hereford with now two open parish churches at Little Dewchurch and Dinedor and the school at Little Dewchurch.
As with any rural parishes, the regular Sunday attendance is not high but within the village communities there are a lot of community activities which the church is actively involved in and supports.