The Blackburn Education Department works under the strategic direction of the Diocesan Board of Education (DBE), which is a statutory body governed by the 1991 Measure. The department has responsibility for work with children and young people in the following contexts:
- Church of England schools and academies
- Parishes and Deaneries
- Chaplaincies in schools
- Higher Education Institutions are also supported
We work closely as a team in order to serve Christ,share the Gospel, support, equip and educate those who work with children and young people across our Diocese and beyond.
This role is about growing and developing connections and content via social media and other digital platforms in order to help grow our children and youth leaders and create disciples in line with Vision 2026. This role will work in partnership with the current Digital Media and Resource coordinator in order to strategically develop and plan the growth of resources,revenue and reach.
Qualifications and Training
- Educated to a Degree or Diploma level or currently working towards this.
- Degree in Social Media and Digital Marketing or similar.
- Degree in Media, Communications and Culture or similar.
- Experience of social media, including how to create and write content, a variety of platforms, how they work, how to improve reach, ways to encourage interactions and how to create and establish campaigns.
- Competency with Adobe software such as Photoshop,InDesign, Premiere or similar software with the ability to transfer skills.
- Awareness of children and youth work culture and issues.
- Self-motivated and able to think creatively, generate ideas and act on own initiative.
- Good knowledge of the Bible and ways to disciple children and young people.
- Knowledge of the Church of England traditions, structures and organisation.
- Experience of working autonomously.
- Experience of working as a team.
- Experience of working within a children and youth context in a church organisation.
- Teaching or training in a church context.
- Clear and confident communicator.
- Friendly and approachable, and an ability to build relationships.
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Flexible and co-operative team worker
- Desire to learn and grow current skills and ability
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately under pressure and to prioritise tasks.
- An ability to reflect theologically on children and youth work
- Creative and proactive worker.
- Confidence in dealing with a variety of demands.
- Good sense of humour.
- Enhanced DBS clearance (A DBS check will be carried out prior to the appointment is made)
- A committed Christian with a lively faith, active in a member of Churches Together in Britain & Ireland,Evangelical Alliance or The North West Partnership.
- Understanding of the breath of theologies and traditions in the Anglican church.
- Willingness to explore new and creative ways of expressing and sharing faith.
For full details of role please see attached application pack.
To discuss the post further contact the Director of Education Stephen Whittaker at email@example.com
For further information about Blackburn Diocese please click here
- Closing Date: Sunday 16th June
- Interview Date: Friday 28th June
- Start Date: Monday 2nd September