Vicar of Slyne with Hest St Luke with Halton St Wilfrid and Aughton St Saviour
Located to the north of Lancaster and running from the coast up the River Lune these are rural communities with three well maintained churches, two thriving church schools, supportive congregations and a heart for mission.
The united benefice of Slyne with Hest, Halton with Aughton are seeking a Vicar to lead them in developing and growing as churches to be Healthy Churches Transforming Communities. Each village is distinct but with a willingness to work together when best.
We are looking for a prayerful, approachable, pastoral priest who will is flexible and responsive to the Holy Spirit. We need someone who will
- Nurture both the congregation and wider community to enable us to make disciples.
- Relate with us so that we can bear witness to God’s love.
- Be a collaborative leader to enable us to inspire and develop leadership.
The Ideal Candidate
- Someone who is approachable, has a pastoral heart, is a good listener, is enthusiastic and energetic with a good sense of humour.
- Someone flexible enough to expand and develop a mix of styles of worship to nourish a range of churchmanship, including Fresh Expressions. Who is willing to work with the local schools and can relate to the farming community and surrounding rural area, as well as the suburban and village communities.
- Someone who will maintain a sustainable spiritual life for themselves and is able to maintain a good balance between ministry, personal and family life.
There is a willing and enthusiastic team of lay and ordained people with supportive congregations keen to be involved and to draw others to Christ. We have opportunities both to build on current activities and to develop new and imaginative forms of church working with the whole range of ages in a beautiful location.
Informal Enquires to the Area Dean, The Revd Nancy Goodrich email@example.com 01524823106
For information about Blackburn diocese please visit our website www.blackburn.anglican.org
Closing Date: 1st Feb 2018
Interview Date: 15th Feb 2018