Priest-in-Charge - Bramham
Welcome to the Benefice of Bramham, which comprises four churches and two parishes in a semi-rural location. Our friendly communities are situated in a beautiful part of Yorkshire, midway between the cities of York and Leeds, close to amenities and transport links. Each of our churches has its own unique character, but all are committed to working together to further God’s vision and embrace the process of change which will enable our churches to grow in faith and in numbers.
We are fortunate to be able to fund a Youth Work Co-ordinator; we also have a self-supporting Priest and a Curate and active support from many retired local clergy. As part of the church leadership team we also employ a part-time administrator who makes an invaluable contribution to the day to day running of the Benefice. There is a robed choir with a musical director at St Mary’s and a resident Organist at All Saints’ Bramham. Several volunteer organists also play in our churches.
We offer our Priest:
- Our openness to change and an outward-looking vision
- Diverse traditions of Christian worship
- A commitment to LYCIG and mission among the young
- The prayerful and active support of two PCCs, Churchwardens, a part-time administrator, a SSM Priest, our Curate and many retired local clergy
- A creative mission-focused Deanery, Chapter and Diocese
- Ministry in attractive historic communities.
Having participated in the York Diocese LYCIG (Leading Your Church into Growth) programme, we are now working through a local process, and we are looking for an energetic leader to guide, support and encourage us.
Perhaps this could be the next challenge for you?
- To promote the Diocesan Vision of Generous Churches Making and Nurturing Disciples, prayerfully working to deepen the five marks of growth in the parish of the benefice.
- To be a partner in mission so that we can better reach those we currently don’t across our parishes, Deanery and Diocese, particularly among 20 – 40 year olds and those seeking faith.
- To be a person who will help us to grow in Christlikeness through deepening and enriching our worship, spirituality, giving and discipleship.
- To be a ‘motivator’ as well as a ‘collaborator’ who is able to equip and support people in developing their gifts and talents for God’s glory in service to the church and the wider community.
The Ideal Candidate
We seek a Priest who will help us grow in:
- Christlikeness through deepening and enriching our worship, spirituality, giving and discipleship
- Commitment to reaching those we currently don’t across our parishes, Deanery and Diocese
- Partnership with our congregations, our Deanery, local schools and ecumenical friends
- Influence within our communities as a visible and engaged pastor
- Numbers, particularly among 20-40 year olds and those seeking faith.
Deadline for applications is Sunday 11 February 2018.
Interviews are scheduled for Thursday 1 March 2018.
Full details about this opportunity can be found in the attached documents.
For an informal conversation please contact The Bishop of Selby by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel: 01757 429 982
The Diocese of York is a family of 607 churches and 127 schools in 470 parishes, which extends from Middlesbrough on the River Tees to Hull on the River Humber, and from the east coast of Yorkshire about as far west as the A1 road.
Led and guided by the Archbishop of York, Dr John Sentamu, our vision is to be a family of Generous Churches Making and Nurturing Disciples. We are currently working through a Diocesan Strategy that focuses on:
- Reaching those we currently don't
- Moving to Growth
- Achieving sustainable finances
Find out more about us at our microsite: https://jobs.churchofengland.org/deanofyork/
Our official website can be found here: http://dioceseofyork.org.uk/